I.P. Farai, B.Sc. (Nig.) M.Sc., Ph.D. (Ibadan)
Radiation and Health Physics
Office: Room 129, Main Building, Department of Physics
email: [email protected]
Awards and Commendations:Regional Training Course on Radiation Protection, Cairo Egypt June/July, 1988
Regional Training Course on Management of Spent Sealed Sources, Nairobi Kenya, April 1991
Regional Training Course on Control and Safe Use of Radiation Sources, Nairobi Kenya, Sept. / October 1992
IAEA Fellowship on Gamma Spectroscopy, Rockwell International, Canoga Park, California. USA, January - April 1995.
IAEA Fellowship on Radiation Dosimetry, Malaysian Inst. for Nuclear Technology Research, Kajang, Malaysia. Aug - Oct. 1997 (with certificate issued at the end of course)
- Farai, I.P., and Sanni, A.O. (1992) 222Rn in Groundwater in Nigeria: A Survey: Health Physics 62(1) 96-98, 1992.
- Farai, I.P. and Sanni, A.O. (1992) Year - long variability of 222Rn in a Groundwater System in Nigeria: Journal of Africa Earth Sciences, Vol. 15 No 3/4 pp 399 – 403.
- Farai, I.P. (1993) Measurement of Cs-137 in some Post - Chernobyl Milk Products in Nigeria: Nig. Journal of Sc. Vol., 27 pp 257-261,
- Jibiri, N.N and Farai, I.P (1998) Assessment of Dose rate and Collective Effective Dose Equivalent Due to Terrestrial Gamma Radiation in The City of Lagos, Nigeria. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 76, No 3, pp 191- 194.
- Ajayi, O. S, Adegbayi, O, Farai, I. P and Ajayi I.R (1998) Determination of Natural Radionuclides in Rocks of the Ikogosi - Ekiti Warm Spring Area, Ekiti State, Nigeria. Nig. Journal of Sc. Vol. Vol. 32, No 2 , pp 151- 160
- Jibiri N.N, Farai, I.P and A.M. Ogunlana (1999): Radioactivity Levels of Some Nigerian Rock Samples. Nig. Journal of Phys Vol. 11, pp 22-25
- Farai, I.P. and Dahl, F. (1999) Calibration Of In-Situ Gamma Spectrometer For Rapid Measurement of Environmental Radioactivity. Nig. Journal of Phys. Vol. 11, pp 53 - 55.
- Farai, I.P and Jibiri N.N (2000) Baseline Studies of Terrestrial Outdoor Gamma Dose Rate Levels in Nigeria. Radiation Prot. Dosimetry, Vol. 88, No. 2 pp 247 – 575
- Farai, I.P and Kadni, T., (2000) Inter-comparison of absorbed dose to water in a Co-60 Therapy beam using IAEA and HPA protocols. Afr. Journal of Med. Vol. 29, pp 219-221
- Farai, I.P and Jibiri N.N, (2000): Outdoor Gamma Radiation Dose Rate Levels In Northern Nigeria. Afr. Journal of Sc. and Tech. Vol. 1 No 1 pp 108-114.
- Farai, I.P and Jibiri N.N, (2000): Terrestrial Gamma Radiation Dose Level in Ibadan, Nigeria. Nig. Journal of Sc. Vol. 34 No. 3 pp 195 – 199
- Farai, I.P and Obed, R.I, (2001): Occupational Radiation Protection Dosimetry In Nigeria. Radiation Prot. Dosimetry, Vol. 95, No1, pp 53-58
- Farai, I.P and Ademola, J. A. (2001): Population Dose due to Building Materials In Ibadan. Radiation Prot. Dosimetry, Vol. 95, No1, pp 69-73
- Arogunjo A.M and Farai, I.P. (2002): Comparison of In Situ and Laboratory Gamma-ray Spectroscopy of Terrestrial Gamma Radiation in Ibadan, South Western Nigeria. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sc. Vol. 8, No 4, pp 505-509
- Farai, I.P and Oni, O. M. (2003) Natural Radionuclide Concentrations in Aquatic Species and Absorbed Dose Equivalent to Dwellers of the Coastal Areas of Nigeria. Nig. Journal of Phys. Vol. 14 No 2 pp 94 – 98
- Arogunjo A.M, Farai, I.P and Fuwape (2004) Dose rate assessment of terrestrial gamma radiation in the Delta region of Nigeria Radiation Prot Dosimetry Vol. 108: pp 73 - 77.
- Farai, I.P and Obed, R.I, (2004) Dosimetric Quality Control Measurement of 60Co Teletherapy Units in Nigeria. Health Physics Vol.86 No 5 pp 493 – 496
- Farai, I.P and Ademola, J.A (2005) Radium Equivalent Activity Concentrations in Concrete Building Blocks in Eight Cities in Southwestern Nigeria Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 79 pp 119 – 125.
- Ademola J.A and Farai, I.P (2005). Annual Effective Dose Due to Natural Radionuclides in Building Blocks in Eight Cities of Southwestern Nigeria Radiation Prot. Dosimetry Vol. 114 No 4 pp 524 – 526
- Farai, I.P, Obed, R.I and Jibiri (2005) Population Dose Distribution Due to Soil Radioactivity Concentration Levels in 18 Cities Across Nigeria. Journal of Radiological Protection Vol. 25 pp 305 – 312
- Jibiri, N.N and Farai, I.P (2005) Application of In-situ gamma-ray spectrometry in the Determination of 40K, 238U and 232Th and Mean Annual Effective Dose Rate Levels in Southeastern Cities in Nigeria Radioprotection, Vol. 40 No 4 pp 489 – 501
- Farai, I.P and Vincent (2006) Out-door Radiation Level Measurement in Abeokuta, Nigeria with Thermoluminescence Dosimetry Nig. Journal of Physics. Vol. No pp x – y
- Ademola, J.A Farai, I.P (2006) Gamma Activity and Radiation Dose in Concrete Building Blocks Used for Construction of Dwellings in Jos, Nigeria Radiation Prot. Dosimetry Vol. X No Y pp
- Farai I.P and Isinkaye M.O (2006) Radioactivity of Natural Radioactivity in Sediment Samples from Ero Dam, Ekiti State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Environmental Science. Vol. 1 pp 83 – 88.
- I.P. Farai, R.I. Obed and N.N. Jibiri (2006). Soil radioactivity and incidence of cancer in Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, Vol 90 No 1 pp 29 – 36.
- Farai I.P. and Ejeh, J.E. (2006) Radioactivity Concentrations in Common Brands of Cement in Nigeria. Radioprotection, Vol. 40 No 4 pp 489 – 501
- Oni M.O and Farai I.P. (2006) Effective Dose Due to Natural Radionuclide Intake from Consumption of Aquatic Animals of the Coastal Areas of Nigeria. American-Eurasian Journal of Scientific Research Vol. 1
- Faweya, E. B. and Farai, I. P (2006) Natural Radioactivity Content of the sediments of Rivers and Streams in the Northern of Ibadan City. Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences. Vol. 2 pp 142 – 146.
Environmental Radiation Monitoring by TLD Technique
Rn-222 Survey in Groundwater, in-door and in the general environment
Measurement of Radioactivity in different environmental samples of different matrices.
In-situ gamma spectroscopy for environmental radioactivity
Patients’ Dose in Diagnostic Radiology and in Nuclear Medicine
Soil Hydraulic conductivity in SW Nigeria.